For a start, immediately and honestly: home treatment for cervical osteochondrosis is not possible in a short time. However, this disease cannot be treated in a short time and in a hospital - it is still a long time.
Home remedies can really help to get rid of unpleasant symptoms quickly and are very important in the fight against the disease in general.
Basic methods of treatment of osteochondrosis
Regardless of which parts of the spine are affected, there are general therapies:
- Medication with foreign substances, tablets or injections.
- Physiotherapy treatment (electrophoresis, magnetic therapy, ultrasound, laser. . . ).
- Reflex therapy (acupuncture, acupressure).
- Massage, manual treatment.
- Healing gymnastics, climatology and spa treatment.
Different folk methods (compresses, rubs, teas) should belong to the first group. Although folk remedies are not official medicines, the principles of action are similar. In official medicine, the plants themselves and other biologically active substances are often used.
However, not all treatments give fast results. Many are designed for a long time. They are more reliable, but they do not relieve pain, dizziness or other unpleasant symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis. Some are strictly prohibited for use during exacerbations of the disease.
Which methods can give fast results
Home treatment of cervical osteochondrosis is the easiest way to do it quickly with medication. Their action is aimed at eliminating inflammation, hypertonicity of the neck muscles, improving blood circulation and accelerating the recovery process in cartilage tissues. Many medications indicated for osteochondrosis are available in affordable tablet form or in external agents. Well-known analgesic gels can help relieve pain quickly.
Injections, as well as acupuncture and manual therapy are very effective. However, the use of these methods has a number of serious limitations. You can only take a course of physiotherapy in a hospital or clinic.
Massage can also give fast results. Doctors recommend self-massage techniques to quickly relieve dizziness, tinnitus, muscle pain in the neck.
Foreign substances from folk methods have a quick effect - compresses, plasters, rubs. However, they provide only temporary relief, after which longer courses of treatment will be required.
Sports therapy rarely works quickly. It takes weeks to improve attention. In addition, most doctors recommend not exercising during an exacerbation of the disease, and recommend them during recovery and remission. Sanatoriums and climate treatments also do not work immediately and are difficult to obtain at home. On the other hand, these methods give stable long-term results.
Is it possible to treat with needles at home?
Theoretically, yes, but only if a qualified nurse or paramedic is familiar with the work at home. It is very difficult to inject into the neck, you must be able to choose the exact place, direction and depth of injection, otherwise you can cause serious damage. Damage to nerve roots or important blood vessels can be a more serious problem than osteochondrosis.
However, needles are very effective, and cervical osteochondrosis can be treated quickly at home with their help. The injection block relieves very strong pain in a few minutes. Relaxing, anti-inflammatory, restorative drugs are more effective when injected directly into the blood and muscles.However, when the symptoms of osteochondrosis are acute, injections are recommended in advanced cases. If the disease is at an early stage, it is already possible to do. In a difficult situation, it is better to carry out acupuncture in a medical institution and apply additional methods that will improve and strengthen the result.
Massage for osteochondrosis at home
A full-fledged massage should also be performed by a specialist. Some relatives of the patient may be trained in this area, but a specialist is better.
However, simple self-massage techniques can help reduce the painful manifestations of osteochondrosis at times when it is inconvenient to go to a master. This massage consists of lightly kneading the neck muscles with the help of fingertips. Helps relieve muscle tension, improve blood circulation, tinnitus and headaches
There are a few basic rules you need to follow to make your self-massage safe and effective:
- Use only fingertips for work.
- Movements should be from top to bottom and from the spine to the sides.
- Kneading movements should be changed in the same way (in the same direction).
- When massaging, you should not put too much effort, even if the strength of your hands allows.
This method works very quickly, but it is not very difficult and does not take long. Massage should be combined with other treatments.
Traditional rapid treatment of cervical osteochondrosis
It is better to choose products for external use to get a quick result from the number of folk recipes. Different teas and infusions give good results, but it takes a long time to wait.
However, compresses and rubs can relieve some of the symptoms of the disease for hours or even minutes:
- Ordinary pepper is suitable for grinding vodka. Alcohol can be produced in the factory, but it is better to insist on pepper alone.
- Another grinding recipe: mustard, camphor alcohol, vodka (all 50 g), 3 beaten egg whites, leave for half a day.
- Vodka, honey, aloe juice (2: 2: 1), mix and infuse overnight. It is a good anti-inflammatory tool.
- Ideal for compresses - horseradish and burdock leaves, pre-burned with boiling water.
- A mixture of honey and grated potatoes (evenly distributed) is also suitable. You can save a few hours.
- Grated radish applied as an ointment. It should be washed off when there is a noticeable burning sensation on the skin. It's a good distraction. Stimulates blood circulation
Treatment of cervical osteochondrosis at home with folk remedies includes the use of bee venom and comfrey and larkspur roots. It is not easy to collect them yourself, but you can buy dried roots at the pharmacy or use ready-made ointments based on them.
How can exercises for the neck muscles help
Physical training is not one of the fastest methods, but the most reliable. After the diagnosis of osteochondrosis, it is better to do regular therapeutic exercises until the end of life. These are very simple and can be played even while sitting in a chair:
- Head bends to the sides and back and forth.
- Dizziness, dizziness.
- Pull the neck forward.
- Raise and lower your shoulders.
- Traction exercises (mentally extend the crown upwards).
- Self-resistance: Put your hands on your forehead or the back of your head, putting pressure on your neck.
- Weather "painting": write imaginary words or numbers with your nose in the air.
How can this kind of training help? They will strengthen the muscles and provide extra support for the spine. In addition, exercise will improve blood circulation and oxygen supply to the brain. There is a better chance to release the compressed roots. Excessive muscle tension will disappear.
But you don't have to wait for instant results. Therefore, you should first eliminate the exacerbation with medication and then exercise.
Although spinal diseases are very persistent, symptomatic treatment of cervical osteochondrosis at home is possible quickly. However, the patient should remember that the temporary disappearance of symptoms does not mean getting rid of the disease, and should continue treatment with other, less rapid methods.